SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 7 January 2018

WINTER IS COMING (Part 3. The Biker)

Happy New Year!

It's officially 2018 and after a slight delay, i'm back into the swing of things and finally presenting you guys and gals with the 3rd and final instalment to my Winter Coat Guide. I myself am welcoming the new year with open arms however, in a slightly different sense. Previously, i've gladly waved goodbye to the past and hoped for better luck to fall my way. 2017 most definitely threw a spanner in the works. I'd like to note that 2017 was my year, a sort of milestone that i'll always remember as the year that set up the rest of my life.

Now i'll most probably be writing a post soon explaining the new years resolutions that i hope to achieve and of course, probably won't achieve (s/o to all my girls & guys still eating cheese boards in January). But before that, here are my 2017 achievements that make me sad to say goodbye to my mate 2017 but conflictingly optimistic about the future and the opportunities that 2018 will bring.

1) At 22 years of age, I got my first passport and went abroad for the first time. That's right, you read correctly, only at 22 years old have i just got my first passport! (insert shocked faces). As a christmas present, my boyfriend and his family made it possible for me to go on holiday when i finished university and it was just such a great experience! For years, i'd heard of friends going on holiday to all of these amazing places and not being able to relate, however waiting this long has without a doubt made me appreciate it a whole lot more and now i just want to see everywhere in the world.

2) I graduated University with a Honours Degree in Fashion Buying and Design. I spent 4 years at University with the mindset that i was going to fail and at most, achieve a 2:2. Passing my Degree was my only goal, so when i found out on holiday that i achieved a high 2:1, i honestly could not believe it and it gave me such a much needed boost of confidence.

3) I worked as a Temp at Next Head Office. When i'd completed uni, i landed a job at Next within the Next Directory Production Team which meant i was able to gain so much experience within different sectors, from styling, to admin, to running around and sitting in meetings where new collections for next season were selected. It was here that i realised i wanted to work within styling and follow my creative side when choosing my career path.

4) In October i got my dream job! From the day i started my new job as a Fashion Stylist, everything fell into place, my mindset, my mental health, my motivation and my general happiness. I cannot stress enough how important it is to do something you love. Work takes up a massive chunk of our lives and for me personally, i just couldn't spent 5 days out of my 7, wishing my day would come to an end. When i'm at work, i'm excited to be there and when i'm home, i'm thinking about what i can bring to my work to make it even better. For me, work doesn't feel like the chore that it once was and i am really and truly in love with what i do for a living! (hallelujah).

5) I started my blog! Hip Hip Hurray! I've always loved writing and it's been something i've put off for years. I used to write in books and look back at the progress i'd made over the years, but with my new job, fashion has become a huge aspect of my life and therefore i have content ideas popping into my brain left, right and centre which lead me to begin my blogging journey late last year. With University ending, it's been nice still being able to write and do things in my spare time that make my soul happy and keep me on track! I love blogging and i'm exciting to see where it'll lead.

With Blogging in mind, maybe i should actually begin my outfit post (excuse my babbling).

So we all know what's coming, of course i couldn't write a winter coat guide without including my trusty friend, the biker jacket. Whether it's cropped, faux fur lined, oversized or longline, the biker has been my life long companion and probably the item that helped me find my overall style. In 2011, a sixteen year old Emma wondered into a vintage kilo store and purchased a size large 80's padded biker jacket that twenty two year old Emma would shake her head at however, that was when my love for biker jackets began and i don't think you can ever ruin an outfit with a good biker.

My biker here is originally from Zara however i purchased it via Depop for £10 (Can i get a hell yeaaaahh). I had a cropped biker and felt like it had lost it's original sleek look so went hunting for a biker i could purchase that i could wear day to night. This particular jacket is sold out but there are plenty of bikers online at the moment and i cannot recommend Depop or eBay enough if you're looking for a new coat but are a bit strapped for cash.

 I've paired this with my flare jeans from Asos, which you can find Here and my ruffle shirt which i purchased from LOTD a while ago and is currently out of stock however you can find their website Here for some amazing pieces for super reasonable prices! I'm wearing my All Saints boots here as along with biker jackets, black heel boots are my weakness. These are a bit dated and they've gone through some stressful hours of wear however i still reach for them most days as they're a comfy alternative to stilettos, without comprising feeling like a boss lady when going casual. I do love a good pair of trainers but to me, there's nothing better than stepping out of the house in a pair of heels and feeling ready to take on the world.








Well that's all for my winter coat guide folks!
I hope you all had a wonderful christmas! Stay tuned for more fashion filled posts and uncontrollable babbling on my part! I have some very exciting things planned soon and i'll of course be documenting said plans on here so stick with me!

Thank you for reading!

Em x

Post a Comment